Saturday, June 14, 2008

I haz 2 many horsez...

I do, really, just ask my husband! I have my TWH mare Shadow, who is 21 yrs old. I bred her, trained her, and have forced her to live a life of hardship and servitude (just ask her!). I also have my husbands MFT gelding and my daughters buckskin QH cross mare (somehow, even though they aren't mine, they count in my total....male logic!). I do have Killian, a yearling MFT colt I bought at auction last fall (surprise dear!). But really, who could look into panic stricken and bewildered brown eyes and not taken him home?

I also have a TB gelding I have had since last year, supposedly a 'recycling' project. You know, OTTB turned into nice eventing/trail/dressage horse. Well, he is still around. I have a sweet 3 yr old morgan mare who, Surprise! is pregnant..sigh. She was a rescue I took in for a friend, and now is not only still around, but going to add to the horse total pretty soon. Finally, I have another recycle project, a 16.3 Percheron gelding. Big, sweet, black, hairy...

So when I decided to start a blog about horse activities, the name was a given, LOL!
Cheers!

7 comments:

Raina Nathair said...

And silly me still hasn't come to visit to get my lesson. One or more of these sweeties is still a massive horse, right? Like riding a giant barrel? 'Cause unless it's made to haul beer trucks, it'll get one look at me and go "Oh, no! You don't get to ride me!"

:-)

Raina Nathair said...

And kissing the pavement, grass, gravel and/or dirt is not my idea of fun. :-)

Shadow Rider said...

LOL! go look at Johnny Cash. Friggin' huge Percheron, moves at a snail's pace. He is like sitting on a couch, LOL! All it takes to buy his love is an apple.

Raina Nathair said...

Good to know. Bring apples.

Shadow Rider said...

Well, Shadow would love you. Have you met her in the past? If you did she would remember you. My big black TWH mare, 21 years old. She is also very careful with nervous riders.

I still have some Dogwoods and Lilacs with your name on them..Tap..tap..tap..

Kelly said...

Stopping by through “first post” linky :)
I wish I had a place for horses :)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Coming by from the 'first post' link up. We've got 2 QHs (one of whom is a 'recylinc' project) and one pony. I haven't ridden the 'project' horse since I got pregnant w/ the twins...um...almost 2 years ago. Oops. He looks nice out in the pasture though ;-)